Ambulatório conjunto de Dermatologia e Reumatologia para tratamento de psoríase e artrite psoriásica: experiência de um hospital terciário no sul do Brasil
Keywords:psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, multidisciplinary research, early diagnosis.
Introduction: several guidelines emphasize the advantages of multidisciplinary management of patients with psoriasis (PSO) or psoriatic arthritis (PSA). Early diagnosis of PSA relates to better outcomes in 5 years. However, early diagnosis of PSA remains a challenge.
Methods: retrospective cohort of patients with previous or suspect diagnosis of PSO and/or PSA who were cared for in the combined dermatology and rheumatology clinic from January 2013 to January 2017.
Results: among the 55 patients previously diagnosed with PSO, 30.9% (n=17) were diagnosed with PSA. Changes in medical therapy were made for 58.5% (n = 48) of patients, mainly due to poor cutaneous or articular disease control. Imunobiologicals were the most commonly initiated class of medicine, corresponding to 35.4% (n = 17) of changes in medical therapy. Methotrexate was the second most initiated medicine (18.7%; n = 9), or with changes in its dosage or route of administration (20.8%; n = 10), totaling 39.5% (n = 19) of changes in medical therapy. There was an increase in the proportions of patients undergoing systemic therapies (79.2%; n = 65).
Conclusions: this study reenforces the importance of a multidisciplinary approach in the early diagnosis of PSA and demonstrates that a combined approach between dermatology and rheumatology is feasible in Brazil, with similar outcomes to those reported in international literature.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).