Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- IMPORTANT: AUSTRAL will only accept articles in Portuguese or Spanish accompanied by their English translations. Therefore, the journal will not be responsible for the translations from Portuguese to English and from Spanish to English.
- Contributions must be original, and shall not have been submitted for publication in another journal; otherwise, it must be justified in “Comments to the Editor”;
- Submitted files must be in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or RTF (as long as their size is up to 2MB) format;
- URLs must be informed in the references when necessary;
- The text must follow patterns of style and bibliographic requirements described in the About the Journal section;
- The identification of authorship of the work must be removed from the file and the properties option in Word, thus ensuring the confidentiality criteria of the journal, accordingly with available instructions in the website;
- The text must be single-spaced; Times New Roman 12pt must be used for the body of the text; italic is to be used instead of underlined (except in URL addresses); figures and tables must be embedded in the text.
ArticlesThe research articles must contain a maximum of 50 thousand characters (including spaces and footnotes).
Book ReviewThe book reviews must contain a maximum of 4,5 thousand characters (spaces and footnotes included) and the complete data and the ISBN of the analyzed work;
NERINT Strategic Analysis
The acceleration of pace of international events and processes requires qualified analysis beyond the political-journalistic bias that often characterises most interpretations of contemporary matters. Thus, in addition to theoretical-analytical articles, it was considered imperative to publish a brief evaluation of important current events. To this end, the Brazilian Centre for Strategy and International Relations (NERINT/UFRGS), a member of the Centre for International Studies on Government (CEGOV/UFRGS), launched the NERINT Strategic Analysis series, with the contribution of its specialised researchers and guests with thematic expertise, which will be published at the end of every issue of AUSTRAL: Brazilian Journal of Strategy and International Relations.